The Admissions Committee screens all applicants for admission to the Institute of Medicine. Selection is based on a general weighted average from the Bachelor's Degree, NMAT score, and performance in a semi-structured interview. Application for first year medicine is on-going. Applicants must accomplish and submit all the requirements personally. Agents or applicant’s representative will not be entertained. Foreign applicants are required to take the NMAT. All announcements shall be posted on the bulletin board, first floor lobby, Institute of Medicine. Applicants are expected to report for interview on the scheduled date and time. Applicants selected for admission are notified by mail or phone and can only enroll after undergoing a complete physical examination. Foreign applicants are required to give “goodwill fee” of six thousand dollars ($ 6,000.00). All inquiries should be directed to the Chairman of the Admission Committee, FEU-NRMF Institute of Medicine.
1. Graduate of a bachelor’s Degree in Arts and Science.
2. Applicants must have earned the minimum number of credits on the following subjects:
Biology --------------------------- 15 units
Chemistry ------------------------ 10 units
Mathematics ---------------------- 9 units
Physics ----------------------------- 5 units
Social Science ------------------- 12 units
3. The applicant must have finished their bachelor’s degree and all the required subjects listed in the item number 2 at the end of the school year preceeding the year of application.
4. Only applicants who have taken the National Admission Test (NMAT) as required by the CHED shall be considered for admission. The Admission Committee will stipulate the acceptable cut-off score.
5. The following applicants are not eligible for admission:
5.1 Those with more than 12 units of failures especially in the major subjects
5.2 Those who are 35 years old and above
5.3 Those with advanced credits in any medical school
5.5 Those convicted of any crime
1. Secure list of requirements at Room UG-11, Institute of Medicine Building
2. Pay application and processing fee at the RCBC Bank, Marian Building:
2.1 Local graduates ----------------------------- Php 1,500.00
2.2 Foreign graduates -------------------------- USD 400.00
3. Fill-up information sheet at UG-11
4. Secure application form at UG-11 upon submission of duly-filled information sheet
5. Return the duly filled application form together with:
5.1 Two (2) xerox copies and the original transcript of records indicating the degree obtained from the school last attended.
5.2 Authenticated college diploma or certificate of graduation
5.3 NMAT result (Xerox copy)
5.4 2 certificates of good moral character from 2 former professors in the preparatory course
5.5 Certified true copy of Birth Certificate from the National Statistics Office
5.6 Marriage Certificate, if married
5.7 Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) for foreign students
5.8 Three 2 x 2 photographs taken within the last six (6) months of application. Print name at the back of the pictures
5.9 One big brown envelope
REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
1. Written endorsement from the school for the conversion of applicant's status to student on the school's official stationary signed by the school's Registrar and stamped with school's official dry seal;
2. Original copy of the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) containing a clear impression of the school's official dry seal;
3. Original copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) issued by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) for Medicine and Dentistry students;
4. Proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for the student's accomodation and subsistence, as well as school dues and other incidental expenses authenticated by the Philippine Consulate; 2 authenticated bank statements;
5. Two (2) copies of Scholastic Records/Transcript of Records duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post located in the student's country of origin or legal residence;
6. Police Clearance Certificate issued by the Philippine National Police Authorities in the student's country or origin of residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post having consular jurisdiction over the place for student who resided in the Philippines for less than 59 days.
However, for students who resided in the Philippines for more than 59 days at the time he applies for the said change/conversion of his admissions status to that if a student, he shall also be required to submit the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance.
7. Quarantince Medical Clearance Certificate by the National Quarantince Office;
8. Copy of the student's Personal History Statement signed by the student with a 2x2 inch photograph recently taken;
9. Photocopy of the photo, data and stamp of the latest arrival pages of the passport of the student. The passport itself shall be presented to the Bureau of Immigration Office for verification.
Download Admission Form