Data Privacy Notice
Commitment to uphold Privacy of Patients and Clients.
In line with our commitment to provide excellent and state-of-the-art health care, the protection and confidentiality of your personal data are our ultimate concerns consistent with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, National Privacy Commission issuances, and other relevant laws.
This statement provides, in brief, the manner we collect and process your personal data every time you visit our website, and avail of our services.
What we collect from you
With your consent, we collect your personal data, depending on page(s) you visit, which may include:
- Name, age, sex, birthday, nationality, citizenship, religion, occupation, current employment, address, email address, telephone/mobile;
- Current medication or treatments used by patients;
- Previous/current medical history, including where relevant, a family medical history;
- The name of the Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- The name of any health service provider or medical specialist, where applicable;
- The results of any laboratory tests and ancillary services which you provide;
- Any other information that will assist us in providing you with better health care; and,
- Educational Background and History.
Why we collect your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purpose/s:
- To meet your educational, medical, and ancillary needs and/or requirements and other programs and services you availed;
- For multi-disciplinary treating team, where necessary;
- For the payment of your bills;
- For research purposes, where necessary;
- To liaise with health professionals and HMO’s;
- For collaboration with other medical health providers, where necessary, and upon your consent;
- To process your application to join FEUNRMF;
- For purposes required by law.
Sharing your personal data
We do not share your personal data with third parties unless:
- you have consented to the sharing thereof
- it is necessary to protect our interests
- when required and/or permitted by law
- with service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed to protect the confidentiality of the data
- with HMOs and/or Companies with whom you are affiliated with, and with who you consented to the sharing thereof.
In furtherance with our commitment to ensure the security of your personal data, reasonable and appropriate safeguards and measures have been put in place especially designed for its protection, and for the maintenance of its integrity, availability, and confidentiality.
Rights of Data Subjects
Under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you have the right to the following:
- To be informed of the collection and processing of your personal data;
- To Object to the processing of your personal data;
- To Access your personal data;
- To Correct inaccuracies or errors of your entries;
- To suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your personal data from our filing system; and
- To Complain due to such inaccuracies, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of personal data.
- Transmissibility of your rights to your lawful heirs and assigns;
- To obtain a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format where your personal data is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format.
For your concerns regarding data privacy, you may reach our Data Privacy Officer at [email protected]
Far Eastern University – Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation respects your privacy and will keep secure and confidential all personal and sensitive information that you may provide to FEUNRMF Medical Center and/or those that FEUNRMF Institute of Medicine may collect from you ("Personal Data").
Please read carefully the FEUNRMF Privacy Statement to understand how we treat Personal Data.
Click here to read the Privacy Statement in full.