Medical Technology Admission
To become eligible for admission to the School of Medical Technology, the applicants are expected to comply with the following requirements set by the Commission on Higher Education and the Admissions Committee of the FEU-NRMF:
1. Satisfactorily completed the general curriculum of government-recognized public and private high schools.
2. Passed the entrance examination administered by the Committee on Admission of the FEU-NRMF.
3. Scholastic average of 80% and above in English, Mathematics and Science subjects.
4. Good moral character attested by letters of certification from 2 different school officials/teachers.
The first two years of the Medical Technology / Medical Laboratory Science Program consists of general education courses. After which, a qualifying examination shall be given for admission to the third year wherein professional courses are taught. Internship training occurs in the second semester of the fourth year.
I. FIRST YEAR
1. Secure application forms from the Guidance and Counseling Office.
2. Submit the following:
2.1 Photocopy of NSO-issued Birth Certificate (for Filipino citizens)
2.2 Form 138 (High School card)
2.3 Photocopy 3RD and 4th Year High School Cards (with 1st and/or 2nd Quarter Grades)
2.4 Two (2) Certificates of Good Moral Character (from 2 different school officials/teachers)
2.5 Recent colored pictures (1 pc. 1 x 1; 1 pc 2 x 2)
2.6 One (1) long brown envelope and one (1) long white folder
3. Additional requirements for FOREIGN Students:
3.1 Household Register (Birth Certificate)
3.2 Photocopy of Alien Certificate of Registration or of Certificate of Recognition as Filipino
3.3 Photocopy of 3rd and 4th year High School card/grades with equivalent numeric value
3.4 Affidavit of Support
II. THIRD YEAR APPLICATION
- Applicants from FEU-NRMF
- Must apply for admission to the third year and pass the qualifying examination.
- Applicants from FEU-Manila and Other Schools
- Medical Technology students who have satisfactorily completed the first two years from FEU-Manila and other PACUCOA- or PAASCU-accredited schools may apply for admission to the third year.
1. Completed Application Form
2. NSO-issued Birth Certificate - photocopy
3. Latest Certificate of Registration, and photocopy of grade cards for additional subjects, if any.
4. Three (3) recent passport-size pictures
5. Certificate of good moral character from the Office of Student Affairs and Community Services/Dean of the school last attended.
6. Scholastic records.
Additional requirements for FOREIGN Students
1. Birth Certificate (Household Register)
2. Photocopy of Alien Certificate of Registration or Certificate of Recognition as Filipino
The standard system of rating student performance is as follows:
- 1.00....................95-100% Excellent
- 1.50....................90-91% Very Good
- 2.00....................85-87% Good
- 2.75....................78-79% Satisfactory
- 3.00....................75-77% Passed
- 5.00....................Below 75% Failed
- ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
- ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
- No grade below 2.00
- No grade below 2.00
- No grade below 2.00
- 2.1 who attained a GWA 1.00 -1.50 but has a grade/s below 2.00
- 2.2 who attained the following grade requirements:
- No grade below 2.25
- SPECIAL AWARDS
- MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY/ MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE LICENSURE EXAMINATIONS
Students who graduated Valedictorian or Salutatorian from high school will be granted full (100%) and partial (50%) scholarships, respectively, on tuition fees for one semester, provided, the student belongs to no less than 50 officially enrolled students.
Applications for entrance scholarship must be filed with the School of Medical Technology Office upon enrolment. The applicants must submit the following requirements:
1. Letter of application for scholarships addressed to the Director of the School of Medical Technology (3 copies).
2. Authenticated certification of honors (Valedictorian or Salutatorian) and total number of students enrolled in the batch from the High School Principal of the school where the student graduated (3 copies).
1. First and Second Year Levels
1.1. Full Scholarship - 100% discount on tuition fees is given to students who attained the following grade requirements:
1.2. Partial Scholarship- 50% discount on tuition fees is given to students who attained a GWA 1.00-1.25 but has a grade/s below 2.00 who attained the following grade requirements:
2. Third and Fourth Year Levels
2.1. Full Scholarship-100% discount on tuition fees is given to students who attained the following grade requirements:
2.2. Partial Scholarship- 50% discount on tuition fees is given to students
1. PASMETH Academic Excellence Award is given to the most outstanding graduate.
2. FEU-NRMF Medical Technology Alumni Society Awards Most Outstanding Graduate is given to the top student in the graduating class.
3. Leadership Award is given to the member of the graduating class with exemplary leadership.
Graduates of the Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science course are required by the Government to take the Medical Technology Licensure Examinations, which are given twice yearly. A review class, "The In-House Review Program," is offered by the School.